Sometimes being a parent, you can’t help but wonder “is this how it is for everyone?”.
Is it standard practice for your baby to:
- Grab his/her shit filled nappy by the sticky bit and attempt to launch it across the room during changing.
- ‘Trebuchet’ their dinner from their spoon all over them/you/your whole house.
- Sneeze right in your face are you are taking a breath in.
- Scratch the living daylights out of your chest and face for no apparent reason at any given time.
- Pull your chest hair out for a laugh.
- Wake up whilst you are trying to do your daily tasks (or blog!).
- Wake up during that television program you’ve been waiting to watch for 6+ months.
- Teething to occur at the most inappropriate times imaginable.
- Wriggle away from you ‘SAS style’ while trying to change their clothes/nappy.
- Attempt to rip the CD Rom door from the front of the computer
- Make a dash to the nearest house plant to try and eat a fist full of soil whilst your back to turned for a fraction of a second.
- Try to dismantle the nearest delicate objects they can get their hands on.
- Be too tired to sleep at bed time.
- Do the exact opposite to what you want them to.
- Want more milk when you have just reduced their bottle volume.
- Want less milk when you have just increased their bottle volume.
- To fight the need for an afternoon sleep and end up having a melt down due to tiredness.
- To play with the brand new rain cover on the buggy so much that it rips days after purchase.
- Marinade the floor with urine during ‘nappy off time’ even though they have just done one and therefore its ‘safe’.
- To smile and giggle at the moment they see you once they have just woken up, resetting all the frustrations. Bless ’em!